By National Yemen
President Abdrabu Mansour hadi issues a decree No. 34 for the year 2014, appointed Khaled Mahfoudh Abdulla Bahah, Minister for oil and minerals.
Currently Bahah servers as an ambassador for Yemen in Canada, he obtained a Masters of Commerce in Administration, Banking and Finance atPune University,India, in 1992 after first completing his Bachelor of Commerce in Advanced Accounting and Auditing.
He was appointed as an Ambassador in December, 2008 and presented his Credentials to the Governor General of Canada, the Right Honourable Michaëlle Jean, on January 21st, 2009, accrediting him as Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Republic of Yemen to Canada.
Prior to his diplomatic appointment he served as Minister of Oil and Minerals for theRepublicofYemen, from February, 2006 – May, 2008. During his tenure, presiding over this vital portfolio, he managed the Department and its various agencies.
His responsibilities included leadership as Chairman of the Board of Directors for the Yemen Liquefied Natural Gas Project with investments of over $ 4 Billion US, as well as the Safer Exploration and Production Petroleum Company and the Yemen General Corporation for Oil and Gas, which includes the Aden Refinery Company, the Yemen Refinery Company, the Yemen Oil Company, the Yemen Investment Oil Company, and the Petroleum Training Centre.
Ambassador Bahah was also a Board Member for the General Investment Authority; the Higher Council of Economic and Oil Affairs and the Export Committee.
From 2005-2006 he was Project Office Manager of the Arabia-Yemen Cement Company.
Upon graduation in 1992, he joined Canadian Nexen PetroleumYemen, holding senior positions in a variety of areas, including Planning, Joint Ventures, Human Resources and General accounting.
Ambassador Bahah’s experience has provided him with the ability to perform in a cross-cultural environment utilizing advanced management and leadership capabilities as well as a high level of understanding of human resource management and social relationships in the work force. He thrives on problem solving, decision-making, project management, teamwork and the power of positive thinking.
For those who are interested to know more about minister Bahah may easily read his full CV as stated in the following paragraphs.
- Master of Commerce, Administration, Banking & Finance.
1990 – 1992
- Bachelor of Commerce, Advanced Accounting and Auditing.
1987 – 1990
- Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Yemen to Canada
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Jan 2009 – up to date
- Minister, Ministry of Oil & Mineral
Feb, 2006 – May 2008
– Chairman of the Board of Directors for the Yemen Liquefied Natural Gas Project with investments over $ 4 Billion US.
– Chairman of the Board of Directors for Safer Exploration and Production Petroleum Company.
– Chairman of the Board of Directors for the Yemen General Corporation for Oil and Gas, including;
– Aden Refinery Company
– Yemen Refinery Company (Marib Refinery)
– Yemen Petroleum Company
– Yemen Investment Oil Company
– Yemen Gas Company
– Petroleum Training Centre
– Board Member of the Economic Higher Council.
– Board Member of the General Investment Authority.
– Board Member of the Export committee
- Arabian Yemen Cement Company (Hadhramout Cement Plant, with investment over $200 Millions US.)
Project office Manager
Sep 2005 – Feb 2006
- Canadian Nexen PetroleumYemen
Oct 1992 – Sep 2005
Senior positions including, Planning, Joint Venture, Budgeting, Human Resources, and General Finance & Accounting roles.
Training & Skills:
- Fluent in spoken and written Arabic and English.
- Advances Computer Skills including Microsoft Office, IDEAS, and SAP.
- Advanced Management Skills & Leadership –Canada,UK,Malaysia.
- Negotiation Skills –Canada.
- Human Resources Management and Development –Canada– UAE.
- Projects Management –Yemen.
- Working in Across Culture Environment –Yemen.
Conferences & Forums:
- Diplomatic & political Conferences & Forums
- Economical Conferences & Forums
- Security Conferences –Canada
- Petroleum Conferences & Forums –Canada– USA- Spain – France –Indonesia–India– UAE –South Korea– Japan.
- Geological & Minerals Conferences –Germany–Jordan–Yemen
- President of theOttawaDiplomatic Association during 2009/2010.
- Vice Dean of the Arab Diplomatic Group –Canada.
- Member of the Alafif Cultural Association – Sanaà
- Board member of the National Anti Qat Association –Sanaà.
- Board member of Araà Foundation for Civil Development – Hadhramout.