The Yemen peace talks in the Swiss city of Geneva have collapsed, with the foreign minister of the government-in-exile blaming the Houthi representatives of refusing to meet with them.
Foreign Minister Riad Yassin told Al Jazeera on Friday that his delegation plans to leave the negotiations and return to Saudi Arabia on Saturday.
“Until this time we have not achieved anything. Unfortunately, still the Houthis have not complied with anything,” Yassin told Al Jazeera’s Hashem Ahelbarra.
“There is no progress for the time being. We did not receive any proposal.”
Yassin said that Houthi representatives have even refused to leave their hotel in Geneva.
Earlier on Friday, Al Jazeera has learned that the parties involved in the talks also failed to reach an agreement on the number of delegates who can participate in the negotiations.
A UN official said on Tuesday that every delegation should consist of only 10 members.
“Seven delegation members and three advisers in order to have equality between the two groups,” said Ismail Ould Cheikh Ahmed, the UN chief’s special envoy for Yemen.