President Hadi recently issued a decree appointing Dr. Ahmed Awadh Mubarak Secretary General of the National Dialogue Conference. The following are key biographical notes on Dr. Ahmed Mubarak:
– Born in Aden governorate, is married and has three children.
– Holds a PhD in business administration and is a professor in the same field at Sana’a University.
– Serves as the Chairman of the Business Administration Center, which is cooperatively administrated by Sana’a University and Maastricht University in the Netherlands. The center represents the first educational project to receive academic accreditation by the U.S. and Great Britain.
– Has served as consultant for a number of international projects in Yemen in the fields of education, employment and international development.
– Member of the Administrative Board for the Youth Leaders Development Fund, one of the largest NGOs in Yemen.
– Has led a number of administrative consultancies, training sessions and workshops for a number of public and private associations in Yemen, Bahrain, Burundi,, Ethiopia, Romania, the Netherlands, France and Germany.
– Was the manager of a Dutch project to establish a Business Administration M.A. program in 2009.
– At the Science and Technology University in Sana’a, he served as head of administrative information technology, marketing and production administration and manager of quality and development assurance from 2007 until 2009. Up until the present day, he has served as a member of the university’s Higher Council.
– Was a member of the revolutionary youth’s coordination council and a representative of its consultancy board.
Executive Manager for Business Administration in Higher Studies at Sana’a University and a professor at Maastricht University.