In a message on Twitter, Al-Qaeda’s media branch said its fighters set off the explosive devices at an entrance to the embassy on Thursday night, according to SITE Intelligence Group.
There has been no announcement by US authorities of any attack, and American officials could not immediately be reached for comment on the claim.
The announcement comes three weeks after Al-Qaeda said it had tried to assassinate U.S. Ambassador Matthew Tueller with two bombs that were discovered minutes before they were to explode.
The devices had been planted outside the house of Yemeni President Abed Rabbou Mansour Hadi and had been intended to explode when Tueller left after a visit there on September 8, Al-Qaeda said.
Yemen is a key U.S. ally in the fight against Al-Qaeda, allowing Washington to conduct a longstanding drone war against the group on its territory.
– See more at: http://www.dailystar.com.lb/News/Middle-East/2014/Nov-29/279344-al-qaeda-claims-bomb-attack-on-us-embassy-in-yemen-site.ashx#sthash.R3hIZDSu.dpuf