Bulgaria’s Foreign Ministry has rejected allegations of a Bulgarian arrested in Sana on suspicion of terrorism.
The Bulgarian Embassy in Yemen issued a media statement stating that the information published in a number of media outlets on Saturday was untrue.
The interim head of the Bulgarian Embassy in Yemen, Ivan Kostadinov, made clear he had visited the regional police department in question and talked to its director, who had adamantly rejected such claims.
He said that the allegations of a Bulgarian national arrested in Sana on suspicion of terrorism had also been rejected by representatives of the local special services and the Interior Ministry of Yemen.
On Saturday, a number of international news agencies, including the Yemen News Agency (SABA) and Russia’s TASS, announced that three foreign nationals aged 22-48, including a Bulgarian, had been arrested in the capital of Yemen, Sana, on suspicion of ties to terrorism.
One of the detainees was said to possess documents indicating contacts with al-Qaeda.